Triage Midwives for Iloilo Province and Bacolod City
Terms of Reference for Midwives
Purpose of Engagement:
With funding support from the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the Philippine Society for Responsible Parenthood (PSRP) will support the DOH Regional Office in Western Visayas in the immediate hiring of health personnel. This is to augment the acute shortage of health service providers in OB-GYN wards in referral hospitals in Iloilo City and Bacolod Cityto ensure that women and adolescent girls access life-saving maternal and sexual and reproductive health services especially in this time of COVID crisis.
Positions Available: 4 Midwives for Bacolod City
Project Duration: 15 September – 31 December 2020 (3.5 months)
- Assess and determine the level of care needed for pregnant women for OB-GYN services.
- Assist in the referral and transport of pregnant women, as needed.
- Provide emergency treatment if necessary.
- If imminent delivery, take charge of providing BEMONC service. Attend to the health and well-being needs of the newborn and mother during the whole process of delivery, recovery, and discharge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery
- Eligibility: RA 7392
- Updated PRC License
- BEMONC certified is an advantage
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Eligibility: RA 7392
- Updated PRC License; at least 2 years experience
The areas of deployment are at the OB Triage Tent of the following hospitals:
- Western Visayas Medical Center WVMC – Iloilo City
- Western Visayas Sanitarium and General Hospital – Santa Barbara, Iloilo Province
- Don Jose Monfort Medical Center Extension Hospital (DJMMCEH) – Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo Province
- Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital – Bacolod City
Monthly Benefits Package:
- Basic Pay – PHP 29,394.00
- Night differential – 10% of hourly rate
- Holiday Pay
- Regular Holiday – 200% of salary during shift
- Non-working Holiday – 30% of hourly rate during shift
- Meal allowance – PHP 10,000/month
- Hazard/Accommodation/Travel allowance – PHP 17,600/month
- Communication Allowance – PHP 500/month
One-time Benefits Package:
- In case of illness due to COVID19, one-time cash assistance will be provided.
- In addition to PhilHealth coverage, staff will be enrolled in private medical insurance.
- Life insurance coverage for the duration of the engagement up to one month after the end of the contract.
- Sign-up and end of contract bonus at 50% and 100% of basic salary, respectively.
- The OB triage tents will be managed by a nurse (1) and a midwife (1) on an 8-hours duty shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment shall also be provided to the team.
If you think you are qualified and willing to take up the challenge to help us attain the project goals, kindly email your resume and application letter to Mr. Juromey Kris Barabat (email@example.com) and address to:
JUROMEY KRIS BARABAT
Human Resources Specialist
Philippine Society for Responsible Parenthood, Inc.
Room 402 Doña Felisa Syjuco Building, Remedios St, Manila, Metro Manila
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.