Terms of Reference for Website Development and Maintenance
The Philippine Society for Responsible Parenthood, Inc (PSRP) is looking for an individual website developer to revise its reproductive health information website (https://rh-care.info) and organization website (https://psrp.org.ph) as well as provide website maintenance and search engine optimization.
Reproductive Health Care or RH Care is a joint project of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and the Philippine Society for Responsible Parenthood (PSRP). RH Care aims to educate, help and support everyone, including the younger generation, about all there is to Reproductive Health. With that in mind, RH Care tackles, five main topics:
• Maternal Health
• Family Planning
• HIV & STI
• Gender-Based Violence
• Sexual and Reproductive Health among Young People
II. Scope of Work
The scope of work includes two main areas of work:
• Maintenance of the sites, which would include applying security patches, clearing out log files, sorting out security certificates and fixing bugs in the code.
• Development work to implement new features of both sites
The services required and activities will include:
1. Website Development:
• Redesigning the website look and preservation of all current website content and functionality.
• Maintain WordPress CMS and implement new features that add value.
• Ensure a consistent visual language on the new site by introducing fixed styles in templates ensuring consistency in fonts, formatting, icons, images, layout techniques.
• Standard page elements for header, footer, tabs, persistent navigation, contact us, email and page print options should be included in the new templates.
• Add feed links.
• Responsive design.
• Social sharing features including twitter share by text selection and twitter feed by handle and hashtag.
• Optimize the site for low bandwidth users and mobile users.
• Design a basic “blog” function with integrated twitter and Facebook postings. The website should facilitate streaming of information between these different platforms.
• Browser compatibility. The site must be compatible with the current versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome and MS Edge.
• Add a comprehensive search functionality to the web site.
2. Website Maintenance:
• Assist in the website content updates.
• Checks for broken hyperlinks on the site.
• Maintain website security.
• Maintain website uptime.
• Maintain website database integrity and backups
• Optimize website speed.
• Optimize images and animations.
• Search engine optimization.
• Write scripts as needed.
• Optimize linking of social media accounts to the website.
• Website log statistical analysis.
III. Timing and Duration of the Assignment
The work will start immediately and end by December 31, 2020.
IV. Supervision and Reporting
The Contractor will report directly to the Project Manager, Dr. Nicolas T. Catindig.
V. Location and Duration
The assignment will be home-based and end on December 31, 2020 with possible contract extension to maintain the website.
V. Expert’s Profile
• Graduate of any IT course or related field.
• Strong experience in developing a website using WordPress.
• With a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, Java.
• With excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, websites, including online video publishing, and social media networking.
• Understanding of End Users needs to match with adequate technical solutions.
• Strong track record in website design, security and administration, website analytics, and Search Engine Optimization.
If you think you are qualified and willing to take up the challenge to help us attain the project goals, kindly email your application leter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and address to:
Nicolas T. Catindig, MD, PHSAE
Philippine Society for Responsible Parenthood, Inc.
Room 402 Doña Felisa Syjuco Building, Remedios St, Manila, Metro Manila
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.ebstie