Take This Reproductive System Quiz To See How Well You Know Your 🐱
An International Cat Day special.
Quiz created on International Cat Day to show our love for cats and everything about female reproductive health. Let’s start with a quick one to see if you can remember your lessons during Elementary.
More fun facts you’ll want to know about the female reproductive system:
- The female reproductive system has four main functions:
- Releasing egg cells (also known as oocytes) which can be fertilized by the sperm
- Producing female reproductive hormones such as progesterone and estrogen
- Provides an environment for the fetus to grow and develop during pregnancy
- Facilitates labour and childbirth
- The female reproductive system is divided into two:
- The external part or the vulva enables the sperm to enter the body and protects the internal genitals.
- Internal parts consist of the vagina, uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- The uterus is super elastic! If you’re not pregnant, a normal uterus is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. During pregnancy, it can reach about 500 to 1,000 times its normal size!
- The vagina is acidic. The normal vaginal pH level is around 3.8 to 4.5, which is considered moderately acidic.
- Menstrual cycle is the monthly changes a woman’s body goes through in preparation for pregnancy. Every month, you go through ovulation. It’s where the ovary releases an egg cell. Changes also happen to the uterus in preparation for pregnancy. If the egg is not fertilized, the uterus will shed and you will have your period.
- The average menstrual cycle is 28 days. Your period or menstrual flow usually lasts for two to seven days.
If you’re looking for reproductive health services in the Philippines, you may head over to our Health Facility Locator to find health facilities near your place.